This project is read-only.

Help with a similar project

Aug 24, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I have a similar project with the kinect sdk and multipoint here on code plex. You should help me make a driver that makes an emulated mouse driver thats made by us to control the multipoint quiz sample and other multipoint apps and possibly windows for that matter if it works. As far as i know i will just have to pass some windows OS driver messages/information for each person to the emulated mouse driver like the coordinates of the mouse and this would work and would greatly improve your cursor project as you could hook up 5 - 10 kinects with 20- 30 people or maybe 100 depending on how far you are willing to go to program.

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Hello,

This project was really created to be a simple sample app for the launch of the Kinect SDK.  I don't anticipate working to enhance it any further (not that I really have the time to anyway :) ).  That said, you're welcome to take whatever is here and build upon it if it fits your needs.

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:45 PM

i already have the emulated mice in place and just need to figure the input codes to send to the drivers like normal devices. Aslo, i need user tracking but other then that i could have multiple users. BTW, how do i do a left click in this application?

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Raise your left hand.

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Can I list you project as a helper or contributor then? would know the correct way to send an input report with a mouse's data in dsf would you or any links or doing it? I just need that and recogintion of players. For example, player 1 is the first player the device recoginized and player 2 is second player the device recoginized. Look at my discussion on my codeplex project although i will be updating it as soon as i get these problems resolved: http://kinectmultipoint.codeplex.com.

This is for educational purposes but i wish to use the source code and just modify it for multiple users since you have right and left hand recognition.

I plan on using this in my school district. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:13 PM

I don’t know what you mean by “dsf”.

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:04 PM

device simulation framework (dsf). Sorry its been a awhile since ive posted. I've almost got it completed just need to get the mouse device to show up inside of mouse msichief and then move it and simulate click events and im done.